Sunday, May 24, 2009

pictures from the hospital

hi baby=)

here are some pictures i promised! i included a couple from a few days before you came back to uva just so you could see the difference. you were pretty sick, baby! but all better now. you're back to full feeds and all recovered from surgery. we gave you some extra ventilator help the first few days post-op so the pulmonologist here made out a plan for us to just leave you there for a few weeks at least and once we felt like you were ready again we could start weaning you to cpap and then off. you are back to your happy self and we are so glad to see it. you're sticking to a pretty regular schedule. sleeping from about 9:30 till 8am. the last two nights were the first i've ever not gotten up AT ALL in the middle of the night!!! i heard you wake up a few times but you just went back to sleep so i did too. i can't tell you how happy this makes me. mommy is one of those people who needs more sleep than the average person to function well. you'll see. you'll take a long nap around 11 and then another shorter nap around 4:30. daddy asked me what my favorite part of the day was today and i said when i hear you talking and singing to yourself in the morning and then i peek up over the edge of your crib and you look over at me and start smiling so big. you've also started reaching for us when you want to be picked up. very cute. you won't take your pacifier right now (it took you a while after surgery last time too, we're not sure if there's a connection or not because last time you were also really sick...who knows). i would just be thankful that you don't want it and we won't have to go through a grieving of the pacifier period, but if you'd take a pacifier you'd be more likely to take a bottle. owell. so instead of just needing your pacifier to go to sleep, you want to be held for a few minutes. you fight it a little, but i guess that's pretty normal for sweet babies. you're playing with all your gadgets more than ever, and throwing toys we give you if you aren't interested (mostly your pacifier). it's pretty cute. you also love it when i yawn. i don't know why, but it makes you laugh. so then we laugh too=)

we're going home friday. can't wait=) daddy and i are needing to take you on some walks. we might even take you to meet sweet hazel (your new cousin-to-be) in june. anna cate and jackson would be there too. they are your big cousins who will teach you all about the world. we can't wait for you to meet them.

ok love you baby. keep up the good work=)
mommy



3 days before you went back to the hospital-you look like you're getting sick (and you also look scared!)
4 days before going back to the hospital, and you look sick for sure but look how sweet your bow is! little girly girl indeed.

amazed by daddy in the hospital. you'll figure him out one day sweet girl.

pensive.

you look like you might be up to something. you two are gonna be a sneaky team...

sweet serious baby

laughing hard with mama

fun fun

sweet curious girl







sweet snuggles





sleepy baby

rollin around snugglin with your blanket

happy face

you're super cute, trying to break out of your crib...

working with wally and friends

daddy's pretty good at making you laugh

yay=)

our little beauty=)


slideshow from this hospital stay


slideshow from hospital stay for your g-tube and ostomies

21 comments:

PT said...

precious pictures of the miracle baby! and katie, you are positively glowing! praise God from who all blessings flow. XO

Cathy said...

Absolutely precious, I love the ones with Miss Catherine sticking her little toes in her mouth!

Unknown said...

She is so cute!!! Send her love and kisses from me and Dave!! :)

A Southern Wedding Belle said...

Thanks for the wonderful pictures. I love seeing all of you looking so healthy and happy. I'm thanking GOD for the great news of Catherine's recovery and progress. Love to you all - Mama Deb

A Southern Wedding Belle said...

p.s. I love the music! How do you do that?

Kristi said...

Absolutely Amazing, thank you for sharing your miricle with us. May God continue to richly bless you each and every day. Prayers and love from the Hammonds Family

Deb said...

What sweet pictures! I'm so glad that things are looking up for you all! Her little smile made my day:)

Chavonne said...

I'm glad that she is doing better now! Her pictures are adorable.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT, SO AWESOME! You rock Miss Catherine :) So glad you finally get to go home on Friday! I will be counting down the days and praying for you all! I love what you have done to the blog, Katie! I wish I could see Catherine throwing things at Donnie! I love how she wraps her head in the blanket when she's tried. Glad all the surgeries are hopefully done. I love you guys, continuing prayers :)Oh and love the pics i have not seen from your fb page with the g-tube and osotomy stuff.

Anonymous said...

She is sooo cute and she's getting so big!! I know you must be so proud!

ilse sears said...

Amazing Grace is one of your favorites. I have goose bumps all over listening to the beautiful music and looking at the most amazing baby ever! She is now on the way to recovery. I am so certain that from now on, she will thrive and bloom like a rose. She looks amazingly so well and on her way to real life. If you come in June I will definitely come over to give you all big hugs and touch this amazing angel. Love, Aunt Spanish here in Villa Rica.

E said...

So glad she is doing better. :)

Jennifer said...

Hi there, I'm a friend of Kristy's and I've been watching your blog for awhile. I just realized today that I've never commented to let you know that I've been following your story and I just wanted to say hello and that your little girl Catherine is just so beautiful and for what she has had to go through looks like one happy baby too!! She must have some really special parents!

Also, Catherine is my favorite name in the world, and in fact, I named my younger sister Catherine when she was born because even when I was 4 years old it was my favorite!

Unknown said...

She is just GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh I just love that little miracle baby!!!!

Oh - and her mommy and daddy look pretty good too!!!

TwoQuilicos said...

she is getting so big! we love looking at the pics, reading your heartfelt and loving words, and praying for this baby. stay strong my friend. love to you.
steve & leslie quilico

AtlantaMama said...

K & D

These pictures are just amazing!!! She's getting older and I just love that smile! She is beautiful and just a blessing.

We love yall. (Continued prayers!!)

sjefferson said...

I love all the pictures! She's so cute! Katie, you look great too. Praying for you guys always!
Sarah

Bekah said...

DANG!!! I can't believe how big she is!!!! She looks like a completely different kid! If y'all are going to make the trek to meet cousin Hazel, we WILL see y'all even if I have to meet you on the side of the road some where and just say hello and give you a hug:) Miss you!

K said...

I am so happy for all of you! I haven't had Internet for days and I had to check on Catherine just as soon as I checked on my own granddaughter's blog. She looks so happy and healthy, I know you are very thankful!

Lesley said...

Dear Donnie and Katie,

I have been keeping up with this sweet blog and your beautiful Catherine. I can not tell you how much I admire your strength and grace during this unbelievably beautiful and gutwrenching time. As a new parent myself, it is hard to even fathom what you are going through. I wish you all the happiness and health in the world!

Love,

Lesley

Lora said...

beautiful pictures! what a cutie! and you look so pretty, too, katie! praying for you guys, lora rogers